For the remainder of the Summer Term I am going to trial a new system in which I will give the children three Learning Objectives at the beginning of each lesson. These will be stuck in their books and referred to at the start of each lesson.
These objectives will fall into the following three categories:
- Application – what are the children going to create / discover / learn?
- Skills – what skills are the children going to develop in order to achieve this?
- Knowledge – what knowledge are the children going to acquire in order to achieve this?
The Application objective (how the skills and knowledge will be applied) is designed to be the hook that engages the children, gives context to the lesson and connects the dots between previous and future lessons.
To successfully complete this lesson…
- …you will generate a name for your fictional country.
- …you will create and share new folders and files in Google Drive.
- …you will define the terms algorithm, variable and function.