Since the #RethinkinGICT conference at the end of June I have been busy working on the #RethinkingICT Wiki in which I hope to produce a possible replacement or the current ICT Programme of Study. This will basically be what I use in my school from September but i thought it may be of use to others as well.
I am close to finishing the Key Stage 2 Programme of Study and would really appreciate some feedback on the first strand:
- Pupils should learn:
- a) how to manage their files and folders (Digital Artefacts) including on the Cloud.
- b) how to use a wider range of Digital Tools (than in KS1).
- c) how to communicate digitally in a safe and responsible manner (e-Safety).
- d) how to collect, sort, search, evaluate, analyse, verify and validate data.
- e) how to check for accuracy and understand bias, copyright and the need to credit sources.
- f) that computers can be used to simulate different scenarios.
I am trying to keep the number of statements to 5 or 6 and want to try and find a balance between offering breadth and freedom whilst also explaining what they actually mean. the idea of the Wiki is that users can drill down further into each of the statements to get more information and resources – I envisage each statement in the PoS to have its own page on the wiki.
Please comment with any thoughts or suggestions.
All feedback is welcome.