I recently read a blog post by @ianaddison about his use of Digital Leaders and thought that this was an idea I could also implement in school. Basically the idea is to invite children from all year groups to apply for the role of Digital Leader. As a Digital Leader the children will be encouraged to help their classmates and depending on the age of the child they will have other jobs and responsibilities including:
- Overseeing use of the ICT room during breaks.
- Supporting Pre-Prep classes and activities.
There are a few projects I would like them to work on as well such as:
- The school’s Twitter account
- Producing a Spicy Nodes tour of the school
- Producing a map of the school using Scribblemaps
- Creating a digital archive from the school’s archives
And possibly more